The 10 Home Dangers That Can Kill Your Puppy ⚠️

Keeping your pup safe and secure is a top priority for any pet parent. But when you own a dog, there are many potential dangers that can be lurking in your home – some of which may not be so obvious.

In this article, we’ll discuss the various risks posed to your pup, as well as tips on how to protect them from harm.

Some dogs have the annoying habit of trying to eat whatever food they find. Typically, this results in a moderate degree of discomfort. However, there are several substances that, if consumed by your dog, could prove fatal.

A few items that should never be given to a dog are listed below. If your dog has consumed any of the following, please contact a poison control center immediately:

1) Antifreeze: Many people don’t know this, yet regular antifreeze is a leading cause of death for pets every year. Your dog will be enticed by the sweet aroma and flavor. Kidney failure can develop in dogs from extremely low doses, and it can be fatal in as little as three days.

2) Chocolate: Theobromine, which is found in chocolate, is poisonous to dogs. Some of the worst offenders are baking chocolate and dark chocolate.

Get your dog to the vet ASAP if you discover he has eaten chocolate. Though it’s uncommon for dogs to die from eating chocolate, they can get very sick from it.

3) Caffeine: Caffeine is a stimulant that, if consumed in large quantities, can lead to severe disease and even death. Although dogs aren’t typically pictured guzzling cups of coffee, canines can’t resist the sweet taste of spilt soda, especially if it’s on the floor.

4) Bleach: It should come as no surprise that common home detergent is harmful to dogs. Bleach’s strong odour is a major irritant to humans, dogs, and other animals alike due to its effects on the skin, lungs, and eyes.


If your dog happens to walk through a puddle of bleach on your floor, make sure to give his feet a good rinsing to remove the detergent from in between his toes and his foot pads, as well as from the affected region (skin, fur, etc.).

5) Tylenol: Two regular-strength Tylenol tablets are enough to kill a tiny dog. The main issue with taking Tylenol is the toll it takes on the liver. Look for signs of depression, fast breathing, nausea, and drooling in your dog anywhere from one to four hours after giving them Tylenol.

6) Batteries: Batteries can be swallowed by dogs and cause blockages or tear holes in their digestive tract. If you think your dog has swallowed a battery, take them to the vet immediately.

Another danger is that dogs can chew on batteries and electrical cords, which can lead to burns or electrocution. Keep an eye on your pup when they’re around batteries and cords, and make sure to keep them out of reach when you’re not home.

If you have any battery-operated devices in your home, such as smoke detectors or remote controls, keep them out of reach of your dog as well. Dogs can accidentally turn these devices on and cause injuries or damage to your home.

7) Moth Balls: Mothballs are extremely harmful to dogs and should never be used around them. Because of the pesticide they contain, using them can lead to convulsions.

Because of the risk to your dog, avoid using mothballs in your garden. Mothballs contain substances that, while temporary, can have negative consequences on your health. These include headaches, nose and eye discomfort, and a violent cough.

8) Fabric Softeners and other detergents: Many people don’t realize that their laundry detergent can be dangerous for their dog. Fabric softeners and other detergents can contain chemicals that are harmful to dogs if they ingest them.

Dogs can also be allergic to these chemicals and may have a reaction if they come into contact with them. If you use fabric softeners or other detergents, make sure to keep them out of reach of your dog.

9) Mouthwash: Dogs should not use mouthwash because certain brands include boric acid, which is lethal. Toxic reactions to mouthwash include nausea, vomiting, excessive salivation, convulsions, and eventually coma.


10) Peach Pits: There are a few things to be aware of when it comes to peach pits. First, they can be a choking hazard. If your dog happens to eat one, make sure to monitor them closely and remove it if necessary.

Secondly, peach pits contain cyanide, which is poisonous to dogs (and humans). If your dog ingests a large amount of cyanide, it can be fatal.

Symptoms of cyanide poisoning include difficulty breathing, collapse, and seizure. If you think your dog has ingested cyanide, please contact your veterinarian or emergency animal hospital immediately.

More Tips to Keep Your Pup Safe in Your Home:

By taking some simple precautions, you can help keep your pup safe from harm. Here are a few tips to get you started:

1. Keep all poisonous products and chemicals out of reach. This includes things like cleaning supplies, medications, and even plants. If possible, store them in a locked cupboard or cabinet.

2. Be extra careful with food preparation. Dogs can be attracted to certain foods, so it’s important to keep them out of reach. For example, cooked bones can splinter and cause serious injuries, while chocolate can be toxic.

3. Never leave your dog unattended near an open flame. This includes things like candles, fireplaces, and grills. If possible, create a barrier between your dog and the flame using a baby gate or similar product.

4. Be mindful of electrical cords and outlets. Dogs may chew on cords or stick their noses into outlets, which can lead to shock or burns. Try to keep cords out of reach or covered with cord protectors.

5. Take care when using products that contain harmful fumes or vapors. Things like aerosols cans and oven cleaners can be dangerous if used improperly around dogs. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and keep your dog away from the area while the product is in use


Keeping your pup safe in your home is a must and being aware of any potential dangers that may arise can help you be prepared.


By following the tips outlined in this article, you can ensure that your pup stays out of harm’s way and continues to live their best life with you as their loving companion.

With proper care and attention to safety, both you and your pup will be able to enjoy all the fun times together without worry or fear.

Video: 10+ COMMON Household ITEMS That Can KILL Your DOG